Xavier Aptitude Test is the most took MBA entrance exam after CAT. XAT is for many top B-schools primarily in metro cities like Delhi, Mumbai, and Pune etc. According to some experts, XAT is more difficult in comparison with CAT; especially the quant section of XAT is on upper level than that of CAT. As of 2019 data, there are around 150 colleges in India accepting XAT score, with top colleges being like of XLRI Jamshedpur, XIME etc. Around 75000 Students have taken the exam last year, and there will only be upsurge to be seen this year too. XAT is always one of the most anticipated entrance tests every year.
XAT is experiencing some major alterations this year, some of them are-
- XAT Syllabus 2020 reduced to 4 Sections/subjects instead of 5
- No Subjective Question on Essay Writing in XAT syllabus 2020
- All the 4 subjects on Verbal Ability, Reading Comprehension & Logical Reasoning; Decision Making; Quantitative Ability & Data Interpretation; General Knowledge will form single question paper in single section instead of two different parts without break
- Total number of questions as per XAT exam syllabus not to exceed 100
- All questions will be of MCQ type
- 75 Questions with negative marking
- 25 GK questions without negative marking
- Organized approach-XAT has a much more complex structure, somewhat distorted, so in order to let hold of the bull you should organize your study for the test in a more organized way. You can do that by distributing hours for every section and taking practice test on more frequent basis. Also, by approaching more and mocks and solving respective questions with the topic that has been done.
- Mock test and online material- After brushing up your basics on quant, reasoning and language, you should start practicing more and more on each topic separately and try to solve at least 1 mock test paper per day. The key is that practice more so you get more chances to cracking XAT. There are plenty of study material available online, try to gulp as much as you can. You can also consider study material offline by some coaching institutes.
- Current Affairs- XAT exam has a GK section too, that is mostly political or India/world economy. So the approach should be in such a way that you will be able to prepare for the GK section in XAT as well as GD-PI round various colleges. To crack this, you can read books, online materials and newspapers. Current affair can’t be covered in such short span but you can be up to dated for giving the best output there.
- Scanning XAT Question Papers from past years- As there are just few hours left to the XAT’20, reading and getting familiar with the norms in the question paper and the design of test will be the right thing to do at this moment. Read Questions scan the details and insights of the pattern will be a great help on the D-Day. This will help in increasing familiarity and marking up your weak points and to form a strategy in order to deal with those points.
For such useful informative details and getting help regarding any B-School related query or searching best MBA colleges in cities like Delhi/Mumbai/Bangalore/Pune please must check Edumyra. Also we are here to give all the info on exams like CAT/XAT/SNAP etc.